Purity Grocery and Cold Store was established on December, 1949 along Espana Extension (now called E. Rodriguez Sr. Avenue) at the corner of Cordillera Street. During that time, Quezon City was still very much newly established and the place was surrounded by "talahib" (weeds). It was started as partnership headed by Mr. O Pan Suy, who is known throughout the neighborhood as "Mr. Chay".
The store's first renovation was in the 1960s. The partnership has been
dissolved leaving only Mr. O Pan Suy to manage the business, the name
Purity Grocery and Cold store was changed to Purity Market. In 1980
Purity Market was changed to Purity Supermarket and has been used until
1993 when the building where it was standing was rebuilt and the company
Today, Purity is still standing proud at the corner
of Cordillera Street along E. Rodriguez Sr. Avenue in Quezon City, continuing to serve the community it has grown with.